Practical Organic SEO Assistance
Here are three items that we recommend:
1). Optimizing Title Tags and Meta Descriptions
Title tag checklist
- Length: Title tags should be 50-60 characters long, including spaces.
- Keyword placement: The most important keywords need to be first in the title tag (Typically, the company name should not be in the Title Tag)
- Do not duplicate title tags: They must be written differently for every page.
- Make them relevant: Title tags must accurately describe the content on the page.
Meta description checklist
- Use Keywords
- Write legible, readable copy
- Treat the meta description as if it’s an advertisement for that page
- Length: a meta description should be no longer than 160 characters long (although Google has recently been testing longer snippets).
- Do not duplicate meta descriptions from page to page
Costs – If someone in your office can write the Title Tags and Meta Descriptions, we can easily help you add these items to your WordPress web site. Otherwise, we can be hired to write them and add them to your WordPress website for $25-$30 per page. For assistance, please give us a call at 770.262.3977.
2). H1 and H2 Tags
Each page should have at least at least on H1 Title at the top of the content area that describes in brief detail (20-70 characters) what the page is about.
Then, if there are sections on the page, those should have a H2 Title that describes in brief detail (20-70 characters) what the section is about. Again, if someone from your office wants to write these, we can add them to the pages.
Costs – We can add written H1 and H2 tags to your WordPress website, or we can be hired to write and add the tags for $10-15 per page. For assistance, please give us a call at 770.262.3977.
3). Alt-Text and a Description
Each photo on a website can have a Alt-Text and a Description to help with SEO. Currently, none of the photos have those tags. The same thing as from above, if someone from your office wants to write these, we can add them to the images. Or, we can be hired to do that using some of the info from #1 above.
- Be Specific in describing image
- Alt-Text should be fewer than 125 characters.
- Don’t use “Picture of….”
- Use keywords in the Alt_text, but sparingly
- You don’t have to have a keyword in every image’s Alt-Text.
Costs – Depending on the actual number of images within a website, we can add Alt-Text and a Descriptions for around $35-50 for all images. For assistance, please give us a call at 770.262.3977.